Whenever I’m tired or don’t feel like working out there is always the 15 minute bicep work out. Go ahead and grab your dumbbells and curl bar and we can get this done fast. Doing 3 different bicep exercises in 15 minutes can get you pumped up in the right places and even you will see the difference in the mirror when your done.
It is less stressful than a full workout.
Going to the gym can take over an hour and this sometimes stresses me out. I feel that I may not be able to squeeze in an hour or two today due to my hectic work schedule. This is where the quick bicep work outs shines.
Of course you need to own a pair of light dumbbells and an old curl bar from Walmart would be perfect for this work out. Lots of times you can find old weights at garage sales or friends and family have them laying around the house. Either way, it is not too hard to get your self some decent home weights.
It is easy to do the workout.
The workout has 3 different exercises:
- The dumbbell bicep curl-The dumbbell biceps curl is a single-joint exercise for building bigger and stronger biceps. Popular among gym goers of all experience levels, this move can be done seated or standing. It is generally performed for moderate to high reps, such as 8-12 reps or higher, as part of the arm-focused portion of a workout. The benefits are that it permits wrist supination, unlike the barbell version
- Allows you to target the biceps
- More time efficient than the alternating dumbbell curl
- Simple way to build biceps size and strength
- 21’s bicep curls-21s are an old-school muscle-building technique that uses partial reps and a long time-under-tension to overload the muscle. Stand upright and grab a barbell with an underhand grip.
- Place your hands shoulders-width apart and allow your arms to hang toward the floor.
- Tuck your elbows tight to the sides of your body.
- Curl upward until you make a 90-degree angle at your elbow.
- Relax your arms back to full extension and repeat six more curls reaching the 90-degree angle at your elbow.
- Now, from the 90-degree at your elbow position, curl the weight up until the barbell is one to two inches away from your shoulder.
- Lower the weight back to the 90-degree elbow position and repeat six more times.
- Now, allow your arms to return to full extension.
- This time, curl your arms from full extension all the way to full extension. Keep curling until the bar is about one to two inches away from your shoulder.
- Repeat six more curls through this full range of motion to complete a total of 21 curls. This exercise will give you a burn like no other, like most things it’s all in the mind though – do not give up as the extreme tension increases and your biceps begin to feel like they’re on fire. Benefits: Twenty-ones are simply an overload of techniques that work by increasing the time under tension and Increasing metabolic stress. Basically, you get a quicker pump in less time.
- Reverse dumbbell curls- With the reverse-grip dumbbell curl, the palms face down, not up. This unorthodox wrist position simultaneously targets the biceps while also building forearm and grip strength. The move can be performed standing or seated. The benefits are
- Increases grip strength
- Relative to standard curls, may alleviate elbow pain for some lifters
- Works the brachialis in the upper arm and the brachioradialis in the forearms
It is fun to do because it’s so quick and effective.
All it takes is 3 sets per exercise and about 10 repetitions, After you do the 21’s you will be on fire. This is where you will get the good burn. You can do this workout by yourself or with a partner for best results. I usually work out with my son so not only do I get in a good work out but I get some good company too. I like to start off with the dumbbell curls first. Then get really intense with the 21’s. And then finish off with the reverse dumbbell curls to hit not only the biceps but also hit the forearms for an over all solid look.
The results are noticeable immediately.
Not only do you feel the intense workout right away but you can also see your partners arms get more chiseled and solid than before the work out. I notice whenever my son and I do the 15 minute bicep work out that his arms look bigger immediately. For only hitting the weights for 15 minutes, this work out really gets you pumped.
Having a nice bench or roman chair is beneficial.
I was walking by the dumpster at my apartment complex one day and I noticed that someone had tossed a Marcy brand roman chair weight bench. It was not dirty and it was sitting directly next to the trash bin so I decided to grab it.
The front leg has a broken foot on it but I use some cardboard to keep it level. It works great and it even has an incline on the back rest. Yes a new bench would be better and nicer looking but the point is that this old bench has gotten me through many years of home work outs. Because of this bench I now have more options and its great because its so small. So get your self a weight bench even it is just a small roman bench with out the bench press bars. You can do so much more with one.
Getting a quick pump is a good way to hit your goals.
Having enough time in the day to get a work out in can be very hard to do at times. We all have busy schedules and rarely have time to go to the gym. Well there is a solution to this problem. This solution is called the 15 minute bicep work out. People have been working out for decades now and they have figured out that a quick pump goes a long way. With these quick work outs, you can achieve your daily goals and get the big arms with out spending hours at the gym.